For the latest Graduate Medical Education Applicant Information, please check the University of Kentucky Office of Graduate Medical Education web site.
Applications for a position in the University of Kentucky Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Residency Program must be submitted through ERAS; therefore, all documents should be submitted electronically and only these applications will be considered for possible invitation to interview.
Items required for application process:
- Completed application
- Personal Statement – Additional information to include your reasons for choosing the specialty of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Please explain any time gaps in your education, outline specific experiences in training. List any awards, memberships, research activities, outside interests and hobbies.
- Recent Photograph
- Curriculum Vitae – updated copy of your CV.
- Dean’s Letter
- 3 letters of recommendation – These letters are to be original and written within the last six months. If a PM&R rotation or elective has been completed, one of the recommendations should be from the attending faculty member.
- Official Medical School Transcript
- USMLE (Step 1 and Step 2 if available) and/or COMLEX SCORES including clinical skills or physical exam results.
- International Students- Our program accepts international medical graduates.
- FOREIGN MEDICAL GRADUATES – Applicants must submit a current ECFMG certificate. The University of Kentucky generally will sponsor J1 Visas. All Visa decisions are made by the Graduate Medical Education office, not by the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Completed Applications are reviewed by our Residency Program Director. Following this review, invitations are sent to qualifying candidates. Interviews are held from November through December. Annually our residency program offers four PGY I positions.
For information on the city of Lexington and surrounding communities visit www.visitlex.com
For additional Residency Program information please contact
Residency Program Coordinator
Phone: (859) 257-4890