PM&R currently offers five PGY 1 positions for the 2021-2022 year. This year, all interviews (including local candidates) were held virtually.
All interviews for the 2021-2022 season have concluded. We do not have any additional dates nor do we participate in the off season match.
All applications are submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the deadline to apply to our program was 12/1/20. Candidates are selected for interview based on a number of factors and final interview decisions are made by our Program Director. Required documentation includes the following:
- Completed Application
- Personal Statement - Additional information to include your reasons for choosing the specialty of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. Please explain any time gaps in your education, outline specific experiences in training. List any awards, memberships, research activities, outside interests and hobbies.
- USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 (if available) scores (both are individually accepted, applicants do not have to have both to be considered)
- Medical School Transcript
- Medical School Performance Evaluation
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) - this will be generated in ERAS, make sure all the information is correct and up-to-date.
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Dean's Letter (in addition to LORs)
- Recent Photograph
For Foreign Medical Graduates
Foreign medical graduates are welcome to apply. In order to be considered for interview, you must be ECFMG certified by June 30th of the year you wish to start residency. You must also have a J-1 visa, other visas are not sponsored by UK. Please note that all visa decisions are made by the Graduate Medical Education office, not PM&R.
For additional information, please contact:
(For the quickest and more comprehensive responses, please use the preferred email contact information)
GME Program Coordinator